Need inspiration for your perfect party make-up, personal present ideas or festive snacks? Read. On.
Christmas is our Marketing Manager Anna’s favourite time of year. Take a leaf out of her book and spoil your loved ones with touching gifts and traditional celebrations. If you’re struggling to think of thoughtful gifts, take a peek at her wish list now!
What do you most look forward to about Christmas?
Everything! I love Christmas – it’s my favourite time of the year. I love putting up our Christmas tree with mulled wine simmering and carols playing, wintery walks in the countryside, all the Christmas food (particularly the Pret Christmas sandwich), and seeing old school friends for our annual Christmas Eve catch-up. We have a big lunch together and then head over to the local pub for drinks – everyone we went to school with automatically assembles there at some point on Christmas Eve. You see the same faces every year and it’s a lovely way to catch up on the gossip!
Who do you get most excited to give a gift to?
I don’t have a massive family so try to buy something meaningful for everyone – I probably take it too far and turn it into a mini competition. I was particularly pleased with my gift for my grandad last year… one of his favourite paintings is called Café At Night by Van Gogh so I bought him a mouse mat featuring the picture, as he uses his laptop every day (to bet on the horses!). Great minds obviously think alike as he bought me a print of the same picture which I now have hanging at the top of my stairs.
What’s your go-to beauty look for the festive frivolities?
Glitter! It’s the one time of year this becomes an acceptable beauty look for someone who has recently turned 30! Without fail I will book in for a Christmas manicure and go for red glittery nails. I also like to add a bit of shimmer to my eye make-up – I love the Sisley Phyto Eye Twist pencils paired with a Chantecaille mascara for a sparkly smokey eye look.
We’d love to hear what’s on the top of your Christmas wish list?
1. A Smythson Panama diary – they are the perfect size to carry in your bag and I get a different coloured one every year
2. Some olive green ankle boots from Topshop. I saw that A Model Recommends had written a post about them and felt compelled to go and try them on as well - they are a dream!
3. Gym leggings - boring but essential (see above re Christmas food!)
4. Scented candles – especially if they smell Christmassy. Neom’s Christmas Wish Candle is lovely and Diptyque is always a good bet!
5. I have recently discovered Amelia Rope chocolate so a big bar of her sea salt and honeycomb chocolate would be very welcome
6. Our Bathing Beauties Trio as I am looking forward to having some time to relax, unwind and chill out at home with my cats, Esmé and Leopold
Sign up to receive regular
news and offers plus 15% off your first order