Discover the little things that can make Christmas magical for the whole family!
Discover the little things that can make Christmas magical for the whole family, as we chat to Balance Me Co-Founder Clare Hopkins about her favourite things to do with her young children over the holiday period.
What do you most look forward to about Christmas?
I absolutely love watching my children’s faces when they wake up in the morning to see that Santa has been. They’re both still very young and they make the whole day very magical for us, the adults! I also love giving thoughtful gifts that I can’t wait for someone I love to open. I’ve had to get very good at hiding presents in the house to make sure everything stays a surprise!
What’s your favourite thing to do with your children in the lead up to Christmas Day?
We really enjoy doing Christmassy things with our children at weekends. This year we went to see Santa and the Christmas lights at Kew Gardens and it was so enchanting! My daughter has learned to write, so has sent Santa a letter. At five, it’s amazing to read the gifts they want (sparkly fabric, a sewing kit and flowers for Mummy). We are doing building work but have still got a small tree for the house. The kids have loved decorating it and each year we buy them a special new decoration to hang on the tree. We play Christmas tunes while we do it.
How do you maintain your balance throughout the festive season?
I love the hustle and bustle of December. It’s a chance to catch up with friends and family but that can also make it very difficult to find time for yourself! I find that getting up an hour earlier and exercising a couple of times a week really helps me maintain my balance. Swimming clears and refreshes my mind plus, leaves the evening free for festivities. I’m also taking one of my best friends to a restorative yoga class before we catch up over a drink.
We’d love to hear what’s on the top of your Christmas wish list?
1. Bathing Beauties Trio – These sulphate-free washes are my absolute must-have. I use them after swimming to stop the chlorine irritating my skin. Each one has a beautiful natural fragrance that suits your every mood, whether you want to feel calm, refreshed or revived.
2. To complete all our building work! We’ve been planning the works for several years and are about half way through. My partner is a designer so I’m so excited to see and experience the end result.
3. Sweaty Betty yoga clothes – I treated myself to some this year and they are so comfortable and fit beautifully. I wear them around the house to relax in too.
4. A holiday somewhere hot! I love going away with my family in the Winter as when you return it’s the countdown to Spring and the return of longer days! I’d love to find tickets to somewhere warm beneath my tree this year, but I think I’ll be getting an oven and dishwasher instead!
5. Collagen Boost Restore and Replenish Face Cream - The peptide rich complex within this indulgent cream really helps to keep my skin radiant and youthful, plus the Neroli fragrance is very soothing!
6. Art – My house is in the last stages of renovation and I would love some striking art for the walls.
Sign up to receive regular
news and offers plus 15% off your first order