Ever wondered how skincare experts look after their own skin? Our co-founders Rebecca and Clare share their daily skincare routines as well as some tips for the change in season and colder weather that autumn brings.
1. In the morning I cleanse with our gently polishing Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm as I find the rich texture and heavenly fragrance helps to wake up both my skin and my mind. I spend several minutes massaging my face with this, working from my neck to my forehead in upward strokes, before removing the residue with a warm muslin cloth.
2. A spritz of our new Hyaluronic Plumping Mist adds an extra layer of hydration to my skin post cleanse, swiftly followed by a layer of our Radiance Face Oil. Our face oil contains Amazonian Buriti Nut Oil, which is a natural anti-inflammatory and great for improving the skin’s firmness and tone.
3. While my face oil is drying I massage my entire body with Super Moisturising Body Oil. This really doesn’t take long at all and most people forget about the hydration needs of their bodies!Then I will hydrate with our Restore and Replenish Face Cream.
1. At the end of the day I do a double cleanse, to remove all daily grime and makeup. I scooter about town so find my skin really needs a refresh at the end of the day! I start with our Flash Cleanse Micellar Water, which makes cleansing so easy and I love the pump action of the bottle, and follow with our Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm to ensure my skin is left firm and gently polished.
2. I then lavishly apply our Anti-ageing Face Serum to my face and our Intensive Wrinkle Repair Cream to my neck and décolleté.
3. I then dry brush all over my body, using two brushes – it’s quicker – and concentrating on those areas that are prone to dimples such as thighs, upper arms, buttocks and the tops of my arms. I follow the brushing with an application of our Super Toning Body Oil, which contains our bespoke blend of Juniper, Geranium, Bergamot and Lavender and is amazing for circulation as well as tone.
4. Twice a week I use our collagen boosting Overnight Restore and Replenish Mask for some serious skin TLC. Since having children I’ve really noticed my skin is much drier and so my skin is thirstier for moisture as a consequence.
After a summer of baring our bodies to the sun it’s fair to say our skin will benefit from some serious re-hydration by the time the cooler autumn climes are upon us. We find when we cover up our legs and turn on the central heating, our skin is much more flaky and prone to dryness. So you choose – we have a selection of skin smoothing body creams and oils. We say slather it on!
“I am always mindful that my pigmentation is becoming more prevalent as the years pass by, so to prevent it from becoming more pronounced I wear an SPF throughout the year, not just when in the sun. I love our BB cream for the weekends, as I try not to wear makeup to let my skin breath. The natural tint gives me a flush of colour as well as super hydrating protection”, says Mandy Oxley Swan, our Head Facial Therapist.
The cold air and central heating can sap skin of its natural moisture, and our face is often the only part exposed as it gets colder, taking the biggest hit. Just as our NEW Hyaluronic Plumping Mist will cool you down in the summer months or if you’re experiencing hot flushes or redness, its amazing hydration properties make it ideal for an extra layer of moisture when the wind picks up. Holding 1000 times its own weight in water, Hyaluronic Acid plumps the skin from within thanks to its low molecular weight and adds that vibrancy to the skin which winter skin can often lack.
Sign up to receive regular
news and offers plus 15% off your first order