The idea that these lovely sunny days will continue as we herald an Indian summer has inspired us to re-evaluate our self-care spaces.
We all have that one friend who has an impeccable eye for design and a home that seems effortlessly put together. At Balance Me, we have two such friends that come to mind when we think of envy-inducing interiors, Mel and Angela, the founders of Cocoon Home Therapy. Luckily, their business and home styling service mean that they’re happy to share their know how (their remit is putting together bespoke concept boards and interactive shopping lists to help you achieve gorgeous interiors in your own home).
To celebrate the launch of our new Congested Skin Sheet Mask, which requires you relax for fifteen minutes while it works its magic, we’ve enlisted their help to ensure all skincare rituals can take place in a spa-like environment that is easy to create at home...
1. “In our busy days, sometimes the only quiet time we might get alone for relaxation, reflection and replenishment is in our bathroom. For the ultimate in relaxation, keep the colour palette quiet and calm too. We recommend neutral shades of white, creams and the palest of aquas.
2. “Mix a range of natural materials in this room to keep it feeling organic, such as stone, wood and metal. They are more comforting to touch and look more soothing and gentle.
3. “To help create a calm sanctuary or spa mood that will treat all your senses, install a dimmer switch for the ceiling lights so that the lighting can be softened while resting in the bath. Bring in some lanterns for candlelight.
4. “Treat yourself to a luxurious bath mat and your favourite towels. We love hamman towels as they transport us to a holiday place and look gorgeous lined up on a towel ladder.
5. “Place a wooden chair and stool close to the bath. This will help the bathroom to feel less sterile and more like a room to spend time in. They are also handy for placing clothes, a towel, easy-to-reach products and your cup of herbal tea (or glass of wine…)
6. “Our pick of the best products to stack it with? Balance Me’s Super Moisturising bath and body range, delicately scented with Patchouli, Lavender, Neroli and Geranium and extremely skin-nourishing; the Cleanse & Smooth Face Balm which is great for bath-time and their Super Toning Body Oil for dry-oil body brushing when your bath is over.
7. “Finally, play gentle music that transports you to a calm place, Spotify’s ‘Chilled Afternoon’ playlist is a current favourite of ours but any calm, relaxed music will do – whatever works for you.”
Pack of 4 £12.00
The Balance Me Congested Skin Sheet Mask is designed for combination, oily or acne-prone skin. Blemishes and inflammation are calmed without causing dryness or irritation. Created with naturally active formulas, the black bamboo charcoal sheet mask draws out and absorbs impurities to reveal clearer and more radiant skin. Skin is left balanced, hydrated and cleansed. What's more, the mask is sustainable, made from the pulp of Black Bamboo Charcoal and cellulose, making it biodegradable.
The Balance Me Super Moisturising Hand Cream protects and soothes chapped and dry hands, flooding them with hydration. Benzoin and Yarrow are ancient skin conditioners that soften the delicate skin on hands. Shea Butter is rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins to deeply hydrate and sooth the skin. Kukui Seed Oil gives a silky smooth feel and protects against the visible signs of ageing.
Balance Me’s Super Moisturising Body Oil is nut-free and a firm favourite with women during pregnancy. Jojoba Oil is bursting with essential fatty acids and vitamins to keep the skin elastic and supple. Rosehip oil works to rejuvenate lack-luster skin and helps fade stretch marks and scars, whilst Neroil oil deeply hydrates and plumps parched skin.
Balance Me’s Super Moisturising Body Wash contains a mixture of Patchouli, Lavender, Neroli and Geranium to target and hydrate very dry skin. Yarrow, a healing herb, has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, making this wash suitable for those prone to eczema or psoriasis. Shea Butter is rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins, which deeply hydrate and protect the skin.
This kit is like superfood for the skin. First up is our deeply hydrating, sulphate-free body wash, that will not irritate or dry skin out. Help your skin to achieve long lasting softness and suppleness, thanks to a blend of ancient skin conditioners, Yarrow and Benzoin and vitamin-rich Shea Butter. Our Body Oil was originally created for co-founder Rebecca during her pregnancy, by her sister Clare - and features a bespoke blend of Starflower and Rosehip oils to reveal softer, smoother and more hydrated skin. Our multi-award winning Super Moisturising Hand Cream features a non-greasy formula, that quickly melts into the skin. Kukui Seed Oil will help to protect against visible signs of ageing and leave hands silky smooth.
Suitable for all skin types, Balance Me's Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm polishes and illuminates skin. A trio of Shea, Mango and Cocoa butters that are rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins plump and nourish the skin. Oat Powder gently exfoliates, whilst the antioxidant powers of Artic Cloudberry protect and hydrate. Virgin Coconut Oil and May Chang have impressive anti-bacterial properties.
The Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm Duo gives you the perfect excuse to stock up on your favourite cleanser, to ensure skin is always clean and glowing – staying in balance, naturally.
One of the first Balance Me products ever created, Super Toning Body Oil is 100% natural and works to deeply hydrate and tone the skin. It contains a unique blend of Juniper, Bergamot and Geranium oils, to improve circulation and give the skin a more refined appearance. Jojoba, Wheat Germ and Macadamia oils are bursting with essential fatty acids, anti-oxidants and vitamins to smooth away imperfections and target cellulite.
Sign up to receive regular
news and offers plus 15% off your first order