If products alone just aren’t solving your dry skin concerns, there could be other contributing factors. Take a look at our top 5 tips for ways you can care for dry skin on a daily basis.
If products alone aren’t solving your dry skin concerns, there could be other contributing factors. Take a look at our top 5 tips for caring for dry skin on a daily basis.
1. Whilst taking long, hot baths and showers can be the ultimate way to relax and unwind; spending a long duration of time under hot water makes your skin vulnerable. Try not to bathe for too long in hot water and use soap that contains ingredients rich in essential fatty acids to replenish your skin and is not synthetically scented. Add a cap full of body oil, such as our Super Moisturising Body Oil, in order to help your skin remain as hydrated as possible while you soak.
2. Nourish your skin as soon as you are out of the bath or shower by applying a hydrating oil or cream to keep up the hydration levels in your skin and ensure it does not ‘dry out’. Flaky skin or skin prone to dry patches will drink up our Rose Otto Body Cream. This cream will also provide a protective layer on the surface of the skin, to help the skin barrier repair itself.
3. Avoid overuse of perfumes and deodorants as the chemicals in them can dry out the skin. Pure essential oils have beautiful fragrances that will linger; opt for our 100% natural body care so that your skin smells beautifully luxurious all day.
4. Use body oils to deeply hydrate the skin and maintain your skin’s health and to avoid any flare-ups. In the case that you do experience a flare-up of dry skin, use a cream as they penetrate the skin slower than oils and will provide a protective layer. Use oils and moisturisers rich in fatty acids and hydrating properties in order to replenish your skin on a daily basis to avoid flare-ups.
5. Dry and chapped hands can be unpleasant and finding a hand cream to instantly nourish, without leaving a greasy residue, can be tough. Our Super Moisturising Hand Cream is a Balance Me hero product - take it from our fans:
"This hand cream has a lovely thick consistency that you can feel working as you massage it into your hands. Moisturised feeling lasts a few hours and even carries through hand washing. Excellent treat for night time too, also works on feet!" Carly, Balance Me customer.
Balance Me’s Super Moisturising Body Oil is nut-free and a firm favourite with women during pregnancy. Jojoba Oil is bursting with essential fatty acids and vitamins to keep the skin elastic and supple. Rosehip oil works to rejuvenate lack-luster skin and helps fade stretch marks and scars, whilst Neroil oil deeply hydrates and plumps parched skin.
The Balance Me Rose Otto Body Cream is packed full of ingredients to replenish skin with moisture and essential oils. Skin will be left plump, softened and hydrated, thanks to a unique blend of anti-oxidant rich Arctic Cloudberry and vitamin rich Shea Butter. A trio of Pure Rose Essential Oils, with their anti-inflammatory and healing properties will provide moisture and soothe any redness.
Sign up to receive regular
news and offers plus 15% off your first order