Here’s how to make sure your home looks the stylish part - no stress or extensive festive budget required.
You will need:
Snaps, hats, jokes, glitter/confetti, twine to tie, ribbon, foliage, bells, scissors and glue
To make the crackers:
1. Take your flat cracker shell and roll into a tube with your cracker snap inside
2. Tie one end shut and insert the hat, joke and any small gifts including glitter and confetti
3. Tie the final end shut and decorate the ends of the crackers with jumbo ribbon bows
4. Finally decorate your cracker with anything – pieces of gold Asparasas fern, wooden Christmas decorations, cinnamon sticks – anything goes!
5. Repeat the same procedure to make as many crackers as your guests at the dinner table
“Dressing your house for Christmas needn’t be a chore, send you into a panic, or cost thousands of pounds. My three quick, Christmas hacks to a beautiful, cosy festive home would be:
1. Add as many candles to a room as you can. Pillar candles in clear hurricane vases, or even tea lights in jam jars, add a magical twinkle to any space and light up the dark December nights.
2. Your other best friend is fresh foliage - foraged from outside (from the woods, from your garden, it can be anything). Wintery branches with baubles hanging off them are so simple, but so pretty, and an instant festive décor win. As is any sort of evergreen foliage (ideally with berries on!) thrown over picture frames, mantels and mirrors.
3. Don't be too careful with your decorating, asymmetric is the new ‘in trend’ so it doesn’t have to be perfect: a wonky winter branch with some gorgeous hanging baubles on ribbons in a cosy corner will do!
Sign up to receive regular
news and offers plus 15% off your first order