Sunburn can happen to even the most cautious. Heres how to survive the worst of it...
1. Always use a sunscreen with an SPF15 or higher.
2. Opt for broad-spectrum sunscreen. This means protecting against UVA and UVB rays.
3. Don’t forget to protect your lips too! Lips can burn just as easily as your skin, so apply Lip Quench Balm throughout the day, as needed. The petroleum free formula will protect without drying out your lips.
4. Try to keep out of the sun during the hottest hours, usually between 11am - 2pm, or use it as an excuse to treat yourself to a new hat!
5. Allow your SPF time to absorb; this is roughly 20 minutes before you’re exposed to the sun.
1. If you’ve burnt most of your body try taking a cool bath for instant relief. Add 2 drops of Super Moisturising Body Oil to the water and allow the Jojoba oil to soften skin.
2. Aloe Vera will help completely soothe sunburnt skin, opt for products containing this ingredient to ensure skin relief. We love Rose Otto Body Cream.
3. Burnt skin on the scalp can be really painful, use a sulphate free shampoo and conditioner should you need to wash hair. Our Protect and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner also contains Aloe Vera, making it a holiday essential for when you forget your hat!
4. Peppermint, found in our Lip Quench Balm has cooling and aromatic properties that will help if you have chapped lips from over exposure.
5. Moisturise skin often. Stella Beauty Balm is will soothe skin and deeply hydrate very rough, dry patch’s of skin. With 4 different natural butters and anti-oxidant rich vitamin E keep this little pot handy when you’re feeling the burn.
Our Balance Me Natural Protection Moisturiser SPF 25 provides a non-greasy and every day solution to protecting your skin from the harmful effects of the sun. Two different types of hyaluronic acid ensure that skin is hydrated and plumed from within, giving a natural dewy finish. Kukui Seed Oil is rich in essential fatty acids, whilst Lavender and Aloe Vera extract calm sensitive and reactive skins.
Balance Me’s Super Moisturising Body Oil is nut-free and a firm favourite with women during pregnancy. Jojoba Oil is bursting with essential fatty acids and vitamins to keep the skin elastic and supple. Rosehip oil works to rejuvenate lack-luster skin and helps fade stretch marks and scars, whilst Neroil oil deeply hydrates and plumps parched skin.
Sign up to receive regular
news and offers plus 15% off your first order