Looking to tone and improve texture on your thighs and bum? Regular dry body brushing is proven to work better than using creams and oils alone. It’s an incredibly simple ritual that you can add into your morning routine that has amazing benefits for your overall health and wellbeing too. Just a couple of minutes a day will discourage fluid retention and cellulite while softening and toning skin.
It’s a daily ritual that our co-founder Clare swears by and has been practising for years. Her top tip is to invest in two natural bristled brushes – two brushes means you can be twice as fast, perfect if you are a busy mum!
Discover the top 5 benefits below:
- Exfoliation As we get older our skin starts to look dull and uneven as we become less efficient at shedding layers of dead skin cells. Dry body brushing helps to remove these dead skin cells to promote a radiant texture.
- Prevent Ingrowing Hairs Keep ingrown hairs and clogged pores at bay with a quick daily body brush.
- Help Reduce Cellulite While dry body brushing won’t stop cellulite, the daily ritual of brushing will help to even out the distribution of fat deposits under the skin and is proven to give your limbs a smoother and firmer appearance.
- Increased Energy Levels The vigorous brushing action will help stimulate blood flow and circulation giving both your body, skin and mind a boost. This sudden bolt of energy is why we suggest including body brushing in your morning routine, really helping with sluggish starts.
- Lymphatic Drainage Encourage your lymphatic system to get moving, which helps your body to metabolise and get rid of toxins lingering. Massaging your lymph nodes really helps your body to shed excess water and toxins.
How To Body Brush
The clue is in the name, dry body brushing needs to be carried out on dry skin. Spend a few minutes brushing before hopping into your morning bath or shower.
Start at your feet and brush in the direction of your heart. Quick, vigorous flicks are more effective that long, slow strokes. Work feet to knees, knees to hips, bum, hand to shoulders. Brush your stomach and chest using clockwise sweeps. Adjust the pressure of the brush strokes depending on the area of tour body.
Jump into the shower to rinse off any dead skin cells, then apply our Super Toning Body Oil massaging into skin in circular motions to maximise results.