RETAIL ONLINE ACCOUNT MANAGER
We have an amazing opportunity for an enthusiastic Retail Online Account Manager to join our Balance Me team.
Do you have a passion for natural skincare? Do you get a buzz from driving sales? Are you super organised and adept at managing multiple tasks?
Balance Me is a British, privately owned, award-winning and fast growing Natural Skincare brand based near London Bridge. Our UK natural skincare range is formulated using the latest bio-active ingredients that bring skin back into balance. The products are highly awarded by industry peers and hugely beloved by customers. The company values of being honestly natural, cruelty free, UK made and planet friendly give customers confidence in their choice and have helped drive Balance Me’s continued success. Balance Me is delighted to be pending BCORP status.
Sound like something you want to be part of? Read on...
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who shares our passion and vision for natural skincare to join our sales team. The role will be focused on helping deliver our ambitious retail & e-tail growth plans in the UK, the US and abroad.
With responsibility for our retail and e-commerce accounts and international distributors, you will understand and help drive sales in all existing accounts as well as seeking and securing new distribution channels across department stores, high street, independent retailers and e-commerce partners.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Day to day administrative areas of the role including:
- Monitoring the execution of agreed client plans including spend planning (& approving invoices), negotiating promotional windows (including setting up promotions & agreeing funding), trade marketing activation, monitoring cost, delivery, reporting & analysis.
- New clients: researching & securing new distribution, responding to inbound queries and set up as required.
- New lines: pitching NPD to retailers, sending new line forms & managing delists/product refresh; updating order forms and price lists with each new launch and Brandbank management.
- Ensuring brand collateral is up to date & in place (electronically or physical POS).
- Handling client queries on stock, order issues and customer complaints (client generated).
- Low/ out of stock monitoring, encouraging client to replenish key lines.
- Handling day to day queries and ensuring up to date with legislation changes.
- Working with Sales Director to design, submit and deliver the agreed sales & key account strategy.
- Supporting the development, negotiation and delivery of annual retail plans / Joint Business Plans for each account ensuring that they support the brand strategy, maximise the commercial potential and leverage partner support and opportunities. Some clients will be managed directly and others will be managed in partnership with the Sales Director.
- Maximising sales (and margin) for existing accounts through managing the portfolio, associated trade marketing (&GWPs, promotions, sampling initiatives, influencer initiatives) programme (in store, online, PR).
- You will be constantly across our sales performance results ensuring they are delivering against the monthly and annual targets and identifying the risks and opportunities associated with the performance.
- Presenting regular insightful analysis of retail performance you will identify successes, opportunities, issues and risks across all retail channels. You will also from time to time be able to offer recommendations to build the business and customer engagement.
- You will use your analytical experience to monitor and estimate/ forecast sales across clients to help the business manage its stock holding, production and client fulfilment objectives with the support of Finance.
- Supporting the Sales Director in actively identifying, pursuing and closing new business, negotiating incremental and commercially appropriate deals. Some of these deals you will be able to initiate and close largely without supervision.
- Maintaining a presence in the field with all key retailers, with regular site visits, attending consumer/ trade events and potentially managing client or BM to maximise brand awareness, store performance and the customer experience.
- You will become a Balance Me range expert – using in house talent and expertise you will gain an expert understanding of the product range in order to communicate it appropriately to clients, perform training sessions with key client staff and Balance Me team members, attend and support customer marketing events (from time to time).
- Responsible for maintaining excellent existing client relationships at all levels of the business touch points.
- Building strong engagement with internal teams at Balance Me keeping them informed about developments and working together to deliver against company goals and objectives, particularly with Operations, Finance.
- Collaborating with Amazon Advertising Agencies, creating & approving “Amazon Posts”, Amazon’s in-house social media platform & Amazon Shipments both into Amazon and US holding warehouse/ Fulfilment.
- Potential for need to manage advertising on e-commerce sites.
- Beauty Boxes
WHO YOU WILL BE
- Retail Online Account Manager experience (or equivalent) for at least 3 years.
- Commercial understanding of the retail sector (bricks & mortar and e-commerce).
- Strong negotiation skills, including planning, targeting, negotiating, using leverage and closing.
- Communication and relationship building – both internally and with key clients, but also in the field with sales teams and customers.
- Strong analytical skills – with ability to analyse, add value and communicate performance.
- Develop leadership and management skills whilst remaining a team player.
- Well organised, with a strong planning focus – with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent presentation & selling skills.
- Attention to detail and high standards.
- Proactive, ‘can do attitude’ and adaptable approach.
- Strong IT skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. SAP would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Ability to travel and a willingness to visit stores, events and speak to sales teams and customers from time to time is essential – it is estimated that 10-20% of your time should be out meeting clients, visiting stores and attending/ supporting company marketing events.
Office is based in London, currently London Bridge.
Competitive based on experience.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter, along with your salary expectations to: email@example.com