Pollution isn’t just harming our planet and our health; it’s prematurely ageing our skin too. The small air particles don’t just sit on the surface of your skin, they penetrate deep into your pores contributing to dull, uneven skin tone, pigmentation, enlarged pores, acne, fine lines and sagging. They can also cause dehydration that can exacerbate inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
Thankfully, a really good skincare routine can really help to protect and shield your skin as much as possible. Opt for skincare rich in antioxidants such as Vitamin C will protect against free radicals, used alongside hydrating hyaluronic acid that helps to keep your skin’s moisture barrier intact.
You may not be able to avoid pollution, but the following products will really help to protect.
1. Thoroughly cleanse your skin every night to remove as much of the day’s dirt and environmental toxins from the skin surface.
2. Exfoliate once or twice a week to give your skin a really deep clean, helping serums and moisturisers to really penetrate the skin.
Our PHA Clarifying Mist is gently enough to be used by even sensitive skins.
3. Use an antioxidant serum, such as our Vitamin C Repair Serum, to neutralise damage caused by pollution generated free radicals.
We use a stabilised Vitamin C in our serum. This means that the Vitamin C remains in its stable condition until applied on the skin, where it is activated by natural enzymes to deliver healthier and younger looking skin over a prolonged time period. To make it even more effective we’ve combined it with Boerhavia Diffusa, which has calming, anti-infammatory properties. Together the stabilised Vitamin C and Boerhavia Diffusa work in synergy to turbo charge their skin brightening properties.
4. Moisturise daily, particularly if you have dry skin to keep your skin hydrated and help maintain the barrier function of your skin.
With antioxidant rich Artic Cloudberry and Rosehip Oil, our Moisture Rich Face Cream strengthens, rejuvenates and deeply hydrates.
5. Every morning apply an SPF to protect against UV damage that can lead to skin cancer and premature ageing.
Our Natural Protection Moisturiser SPF25 is a natural mineral SPF to protect the skin from UVA and UVB rays. It’s also formulated with antioxidant rich Rosehip Oil to help shield skin from free radical damage.