When Rebecca and Clare founded Balance Me, their moral compass was – and remains – set this way:
1. Wellbeing for everyone, not the few – we wanted luxury skincare at accessible prices so that balance and self-care was within reach of us all. We’re are one of the few beauty brands you’ll find in both department stores and supermarkets and we’re proud to give our customers everyday luxury. Self-care, every day.
2. Honesty in beauty, clarity in labelling – lots of products say they are ‘natural’. Buzz words like ‘clean’, ‘eco-friendly’, ‘safe’ and ‘non-toxic’ can cover a multitude of sins. Even parabens are ‘natural’ in so much as they are a by-product of the petroleum industry and that comes from one of the world’s natural resources. But it doesn’t necessarily make it good for your skin, or for the world. When we say ‘natural’ it means it’s a sustainable, renewable ingredient that is kind to your skin – and to the earth. We only blend with 100% natural fragrances. All our ingredients are either naturally occurring, derived from or identical to natural ingredients. We put the percentage of natural on all our labels. Those below 100% are preserved with an Ecocert approved preservatives that contain Benzyl Alcohol and Dehydroacetic Acid.
3. Free from anything that can cause harm to you or the planet – we have never tested on animals, never used parabens, silicones, sulphates, propylene glycol, microbeads, DEA, TEA, artificial fragrances and colours. Our SPFs will never harm sea life.
4. Solve skincare problems, without creating others – we have a great following of loyal customers who’ve discovered our products have brought their skin back into balance making it stronger and more resilient. Our products don’t attack skin concerns like acne, rosacea and dermatitis, they calm the skin and help it recover naturally. Gently does it.
5. Be the best, not necessarily the first – we pride ourselves on our sophisticated formulations. In the past ‘natural’ products conjured up images of mashed avocado face masks or whisked egg white pore minimisers. But our products use high-tech natural ingredients, many of them patented, and they deliver exceptional results. Often that means years of development, so we can’t always be the first, but you can be sure that when we do launch, it’s absolutely the best you can get – naturally.