The smallest act of self-care can have a dramatic impact on our wellbeing, and we’re rediscovering the art of an at home facial, with facial massage. This short ritual will help to ease tension, lower stress levels and get your skin glowing.
Set aside 30 minutes once or twice a week and follow our simple guide below.
1. Set the scene. Line up your products ready and create a calming environment by lighting your favourite relaxing candle.
2. Thoroughly clean your hands and use a headband to keep your hair from your face.
3. Cleanse your face twice. Start with a sweep of Flash Cleanse Micellar Water followed by anti-oxidant rich Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm. Really work it into the skin, using upward circular movements, before removing it with a hot flannel or cloth.
4. Apply a Hyaluronic Mist. With skin freshly cleansed now is a great time to lock in hydration. Our Hyaluronic Plumping Mist contains a super fine, low molecular weight and natural hyaluronic acid that will penetrate the skin to instantly hydrate and revive even the tiredest skin.
5. Give yourself a facial massage using a facial oil, like our Rose Otto Face Oil. Work the product upwards – this is the direction we want our skin to go in - not downwards! Start from the base of the neck, using small circular movements - not forgetting the tight muscles on the sides of the neck, working up behind the ears. Then work over the jaw, temples and forehead.
6. Counteract puffiness and brighten the eye area with a gentle eye massage. Apply Wonder Eye Cream when you do this to maximise the brightening results. Press along the top of the brows, working outwards, gently pinching along them. Then firmly circle the eye area with index fingers. Use the heel of your hands, push out towards your ears from under the eye area for extreme de-puffing. Finish by massaging the temples – an excellent tension reliever.
7. Finish with a layer of serum and moisturiser. Vitamin C Repair Serum features a unique blend of uplifting essential oils used in professional facials. Follow with Collagen Boost Moisturiser, or Moisture Rich Face Cream to provide a final layer of deep nourishment to your skin.